The Center for Healthcare Quality Assessment and Control of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation is a federal state budgetary institution which implements government healthcare policy and provides informational and methodological support for the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, being engaged in healthcare activities for more than 17 years.
The General Director of the Center is Vitaly V. Omelyanovskiy.
Principal activities of the Center:
- Comprehensive assessment of medicines;
- Methodological support, development and update of medical care standards;
- Assessment of clinical guidelines;
- Clinical testing of new prevention methods, diagnostics, treatment, rehabilitation;
- Monitoring and update of medical care payment methods;
- International activities.
Moreover, the Center arranges conferences, methodical meetings, and trainings for experts on the issues within the Center’s competence and – upon organizations’ requests for the purposes other than government orders – provides informational and methodical services in the field of healthcare related to circulation, quality, effectiveness and safety of medicines.
The Department of Methodological Support for Comprehensive Health Technology Assessment is a subdivision of the Center for Healthcare Quality Assessment and Control of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation and fulfills the following functions:
- developing methodology for assessment of comparative clinical effectiveness, safety and economic evaluation of health technologies;
- analyzing informational materials on assessment of clinical effectiveness, safety and economic evaluation of health technologies;
- training of experts on health technology assessment.
The Department for Standardization is a subdivision of the Center for Healthcare Quality Assessment and Control of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation and provides informational and analytical support for developing and updating medical care standards, medical care quality assessment criteria, and medical services nomenclature.
As part of informational and analytical support for the Russian Ministry of Health’s activities aimed at implementing government healthcare policy, the Center for Healthcare Quality Assessment and Control fulfills the following analytical functions:
- Analysis of approval and launch of medicines included into the state register of medicines for human use;
- Analysis of medicines purchased in regions from public and Compulsory Medical Insurance funds;
- Analysis of launch of medicines included in medical care standards.